This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The Bothwell team raced at Bothwell Park Farm near Glasgow and operated as an Open Team in the 1949-50 season.|
|Their first meeting took place on 26th November 1949 when they successfully beat a Will Lowther select team by 40-39.|
|They switched to a Training team in the 1951 season but their final meeting was in February of that year.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
The team were nicknamed 'The Bulls'.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection