HUNTINGDON

  Badges through the decades

Brief History

1775

Earliest record of a meeting held in the vicinity of Huntingdon at Port Holme.

1898

Records of a 2 day meeting in July and a further meeting in August at Port Holme.

1906

Port Holme races cease and a new course is sort.

1920

The Huntingdon Steeplechase group is formed and Brampton races comes into being.

1953

John Goodcliff takes over as Chairman of the Steeplechase committee and rapid improvements take place.

 

 

 

 

Huntingdon_1977.JPG (11731 bytes)

 

1967

An open ditch, in front of the Grandstand, is completed and named the Goodliff.

1973

John Goodliff relinquishes his post of Chairman of the Steeplechase committee.

Huntingdon 1985a.JPG (17637 bytes)

Huntingdon_1990.JPG (10673 bytes)

Huntingdon_2000.JPG (10583 bytes)
Huntingdon_2003.JPG (16088 bytes)