Badges through the decades
Records show that a regular meeting was held at Caverton Edge and had been for some time prior to this date., maybe as early as 1751.
The Royal Caledonian Hunt Club is founded at Hamilton.
The first evidence of a Kelso meeting being sponsored by the Royal Caledonians.
The Royal Caledonians desert Kelso for Ayr, but return the following year.
The race for the King's Guineas is run at Kelso.
The new course at Berrymoss was opened on 24th September. The Duke of Roxburghe has a grandstand built and it is opened in this year.
The first official meeting took place on 16th April and was to prove successful until 1832, by which time a decline in the number of runners began.
The final meeting becuase the number of runners had fallen to an all time low.
The Border Racing Club is formed.
A regular meeting takes place under the direction of the Border Hunt Steeplechases Group.
Kelso extend their programme to include 2 meetings a year.
The Clyde Bridge Handicap Steeplechase becomes part of the racing programme to commemorate the horse which won 8 races at the course in the 4 year period.