Badges through the decades
First records of a meeting taking place in the vicinity of Sedgefield.1804
The Lambton Hunt takes place under the leadership of Ralph Lambton, who forms a club which is based at the Hardwicke Arms in Sedgefield.
Lambton Park races take place for the first time. Ralph Lambton, the organisor, is an ancestor of the Earl of Durham.
The final Lambton Park meeting takes place on 27th October of this year.
Present day course stages its first meeting with the racecourse being laid out in the Sands Hall Estate.
Racing is abandoned during the First World War.
Racing resumes at Sedgefield, although it is a sad year for the course because of the death of Richard Ord, the owner of Sands Hall.
The Racecourse Company, which still runs the course today, is formed and has seen a steady rise in the popularity of the course.
Frank Sotto takes over the Chairmanship of the course.
The Pavilion is opened at the course. It houses the 7 private entertainment suites, as well as public bars and betting facilities.
The new Weighing Room Complex is opened.