This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The team operated from the Ripple Road ground in Dagenham, Essex. They held Open meetings from 1932-1937 and then became a Dirt Track team in the Sunday League.|
They became a Training track in the 1947 season.
|As was customary with speedway tracks, the ground also hosted Greyhound meetings. The first such meeting took place on 4th April 1939, and racing continued until the final meeting on 23rd March 1965.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
Not surprisingly, the team were nicknamed 'The Daggers'
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.