This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The Luton team raced at Luton Greyhound Stadium which was on Skimpot Lane off the Dunstable Road.|
|They operated as an Open team from 1934 to 1936. The very rare programme shown below is of a match against Wembley Reserves which was held on 18th May 1935.. Remarkably Luton won the match 30-21|
|As was customary at the speedway venues, Greyhound racing took place as well. The earliest recorded meeting was before the speedway event and took place in the early 1930's. Greyhound racing continued until late 1973, holding its final meeting in November.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
Unsurprisingly, the Luton team were nicknamed 'The Hatters'
|More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis|