This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The Northampton team raced at the Greyhound Stadium on Bridge Street and held their first meeting on 23rd September 1929.|
|They competed as an Open race team in the 192-30 season but there final meeting, on 18th June 1930, was contested in controversial circumstances. The meeting had to be abandoned becuase of complaints about excessive noise from local residents.|
As was customary at speedway venues, the track also hosted Greyhound racing. The first meeting was held on 7th April 1928 and lasted much longer than speedway, eventually holding its final meeting on 31st October 1964.
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
The racing circuit was 336 yards in length
|More detailed information is available
from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection