This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway racing originally took
place at the White City Stadium on the Colwick Road in 1929. The first meeting was held on
the 23rd March 1929, after grass meetings had been held the previous year. That first
meeting was attended by a crowd in excess of 9000 people, and they then enjoyed an all too
brief spell in the Southern League until 1931.
By 1993 the team was in the National League, but went back to Open racing the following year.
|The team won the English Speedway Trophy in 1938. By 1947 they were racing at Heathfields stadium and a rare programme from that period in their history is shown below,|
|Whilst greyhound racing had taken place regularly at the old White City track in the City, a brand new track was opened at Colwick Park adjacent to the Horse racecourse. It hosts top class races and regularly sees the top dogs, even Greyhound Derby winners, compete in its prestigious races.|
|The old White City track had a track length fluctuateing between 380 yards and 440 yards.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to undertake further research we can recommend
a visit to
and for those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
|The team has been known by the names Olympic, the Outlaws and Wasps in its history.|
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection