This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The Preston team raced at Farringdon Park on New Hall Lane in Preston and held their first meeting on 29th March 1929. Unbelievably, a programme from that Grand Opening Meeting has survived and is shown below.|
|The team raced in the English Dirt Track League in the 1929-30 season and switched to the Northern League for the 1930-31 season. The final meeting was held on 14th April 1931.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
Preston were Knockout Cup winners in 1929
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection