This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The Smallford Speedway track was situated at Hatfield Road in the Hertfordshire town of St Albans.|
|Their first meeting was held on 19th July 1936 and, remarkably, a programme from this inaugural meetiung has survived and is shown below.|
|They operated as an Open team in 1936 but for a brief spell in 1938 they contested the Sunday Dirt Track League.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
The team were nicknamed 'The Stags'.
|More detailed information is available
from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection