This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway racing first took place in
the home of Chelsea Football Club, Stamford Bridge in 1928. That first meeting was held on
5th May of that year and was to prove a success for Roger Frogley.
The team operated in the Souther League between 1929 and 1931 and joined the National League in 1932.
|The team were League Champions in 1929 and also won the National Association Trophy in 1932.|
|It was late in the day that greyhound racing was staged at the circuit, the first meting being held on 31st July 1937. Meetings continued for 31 years until the curtain came down on 1st August 1968.|
|The track length has fluctuated between 440 and 444 yards throughout its brief history.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
|The team were originally known as the Pensioners and then became the Brigands in 1930.|
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.