This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The Warrington speedway team raced at Arpley Motordrome on Slutchers Lane in the Cheshire town. Their first meeting took place on 29th March 1929 and the Golden Helmet was won by Squib Burton.|
|The team raced in the English Dirt Track League in the 1929 season and entered the Northern League in 1930. The final meeting held at the circuit was on 12th September 1930 when England beat The Rest 33-20.|
|Demonstration racing did return to Warrington for a brief period in 1948.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
The racing circuit was 396 yards.
|More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis|