This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway racing first made use of the Cowdenbeath Football ground, Central Park Stadium, in 1965. The inaugural meeting took place on 5th May of that year and was to prove successful for the Lions who beat the Colonial Tigers 44-33.|
|The track length was 380 yards.|
|The Stadium had been used as a greyhound race
track since 1928 with the first recorded meeting taking place on 7th July of that year.
|The team did not take part in a League but held Open races in 1965 and where then just used for training purposes in 1966.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
Throughout their brief period of activity the team were known as the Lions.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinners excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.