This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Crayford Stadium in Kent first witnessed speedway in 1930, well before greyhound racing took place at the track. The team took part in Open racing at various times throughout the 30's. There was then a period of 'down time' until the track re-opened for speedway in 1968. Firstly in the second tier of the British League and then in the National League, the team continued to operate until the final match on 26th October 1983.|
|The track length fluctuated between 265 yards and 300 yards.|
|The Crayford and Bexleyheath Greyhound Stadium first opened its gates in 1935 and was to last 50 years. It closed on 18th May 1985. Its principal races were the Ike Morris Puppy Cup over 462 metres and the Crayford Vase also over 462 metres. Deel Joker won the 1981 running of the Vase in the remarkable time of 28.11 secs.|
|Whilst the team won few major honours it did win the Four-Team Championship in 1980.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
|To view a complete collection of badges choose the relevant link below:|
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection