This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway racing arrived in the East Sussex town of Hasting in 1948. The venue was the Pilot Field Stadium and the first recorded meeting took place on 21st April of that year. It was to prove a successful opening as the home team beat Hanley Potters.|
|The team contested the third tier of the National League between 1948 and 1949 although there was disquiet by the locals.|
|The final meeting took place on 5th October
1949 and the locals then won the day by stopping future racing because of the noise.
|The track length varied between 412 yards and 388 yards.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
Throughout their brief history the team were known as the Saxons.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.
For all Speedway enthusiasts, John Somerville’s website should always be your first port of call:-https://www.skidmarks1928.com/v/photos/john-somerville-collection