|HIGH BEECH FORESTERS
This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway came to the town of High Beech in Essex as early as 1928. The venue was at the Kings Oak Hotel and that inaugural meeting was held on 19th February 1928. A massive crowd reported to be in excess of 30000 witnessed that first meeting.|
|The team contested Open races initially but then Joined the Southern League in 1930.|
|Periods of Open racing and training then
followed without further League contests, although contests did cease during the War
|The track reopened in 1948 but racing then stopped for good in 1950.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
The team were known at various times as Foresters and Rabbits.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.