This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|Speedway racing has taken place across at least two venues in the Leeds area of West Yorkshire. The first recorded meeting was in 1928 at Post Hill in Pudsey, close to Leeds. That initial meeting took place on 9th April 1928 and racing continued at this venue for 2 more years.|
|The Stadium in Elland Road was beaten to host the first meeting by the Pudsey track, but held its first meeting on 13th October 1928. Open racing continued throughout that year but the next year was spent in the English Dirt Track League.|
|The Fullerton Stadium was home to greyhound
racing from 1927 onwards. It held its first meeting on 4th October of that year making one
of the very earliest.
|Periods in the Northern League and National League Division 2 followed. Time was called on 13th October 1938.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
Throughout their brief history the team have been known as the Lions.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.