This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|It is known that speedway has taken place across at least 4 separate venues in the Motherwell area of Lanarkshire. The first recorded race took place in 1930 and was held at Paragon Speedway on the Airbles Road. The meeting took place on 27th September of that year.|
|The track length was a massive 587 yards.|
|The Clyde Valley Sports Ground was first used for greyhound racing in 1932 and continued until the final meeting in December of 1959.|
|The team moved to the Stadium in Milton Street in the early 1950's with the first meeting at the new venue taking place on 14th July of that year. The final meeting was held on 12th June 1972.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
Throughout their time the team has been known as the Eagles.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.