This site is not an official website for the track shown here and is neither approved or endorsed by the speedway team.
|The Staffordshire town of Tamworth first experienced speedway racing in 1932. The venue was at Mile Oak on the outskirts of Tamworth and the meeting was held on 17th July of that year. A period of 2 years of Open racing followed at the venue.|
|At the same time as the Mile Oak venture, further recorded speedway took place at Fazeley with a meeting on 1st August 1932.|
Arguably the most successful period of racing in the town took place at Deer Park, in the Fazeley region. Its inaugural meeting was held on 30th April 1947 and racing continued until 1950.
|The team were crowned League Division Three Champions in 1947.|
|This section gives a comprehensive picture of
the badges produced for the team throughout the ages, but only provides the briefest of
glimpses of its history. For those wishing to read more widely we recommend a visit to
Complete History of the British
by Peter Oakes ISBN-10: 0948882077
The team was known as the Hounds in their early years and then became the Tammies.
More detailed information is available from "Homes of British Speedway' by Robert Bamford & John Jarvis
A further great source of information is provided on John Skinner's excellent website on Defunct Speedway tracks, with a link given below.